This entry will be updated as the need arises. New items in bold.
Last update: 5/3/2015, 8:47PM ET
As we near the release of the next major version of VMware vSphere, version-specific documentation will be published. When I become aware of it, I will update this blog entry with links to the documentation.
- Top 5 Tips when Considering vCenter Architecture Design in vSphere 6.0. Great advice and starting point for your upgrade.
- What’s New in the VMware vSphere 6.0 Platform. 16 page technical white paper from VMware technical marketing veterans covering a full range of new features.
- Before you upgrade to vSphere 6: Compatibility, database, and resiliency considerations in making the move.
- vSphere 6 Documentation Center: Detailed manuals on the new version.
- vSphere 6 Training and Certification. What’s New, ICM, and Optimize and Scale courses already up and ready to be registered for.
- vSphere 6.0 Feature Walkthrough. Very, very cool. Fairly technical.
- Collection of demos organized by major features. Looks to be about 18 bite-sized demos, covering everything from installation (with and without a PSC) to upgrades to backup jobs to replication.
- This is just one “Feature Walkthrough” of many. The rest of them are here.
- vCenter Server 6 Deployment Guide
- What’s New in vSphere 6 Hands On Lab
- HOL-SDC-1410. HOLs are awesome. You can either run through the script (warning -’tis a looong lab) or just play around the interface.