Sweet. Heat. Meat.
- ~1 lb ground beef. Grassfed. If you can’t find that, try to find a beef/unicorn meat blend.
- 3TB dark brown sugar
- 1.5t fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1t salt
- 1t pepper
- ~6 cloves smashed/diced/pulverized fresh garlic (more or less to your garlic tolerance)
- .5t cayenne (more or less to your heat tolerance)
- 5-6 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Hawaiian buns
- Gouda cheese
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Except the buns, bacon, and gouda.
- Divide into about three patties (5.50 – 6oz per patty, give or take). Be sure to depress the center of the patty slightly with your thumb to ensure that the burger doesn’t turn into a meatball on the grill.
- If you have time, allow ingredients to marry up for a few hours in the fridge, but this isn’t a requirement.
- Prior to cooking, allow burgers to come to room temperature.
- Butter and grill the Hawaiian buns on medium heat.
- Grill burgers on high heat, 3-4 minutes per side, depending on done-ness preference. If you habitually press your burgers (thus robbing them of their juiciness) or flip them constantly, please, just stop. Sell the grill and go to McDonald’s.
- With ~90 seconds to go, add gouda cheese to the burgers so that it sufficiently melts.
- Allow burgers to rest 5 minutes before putting them on the buns and eating.
- Add burger and bacon to buns. Enjoy.